Samsung Gear is a line of wearable computing devices produced by Samsung Electronics. The first device in the series, the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch, was announced in 2013. Since then, the line has expanded to include fitness bands and earbuds, as well as more smartwatches. How to Connect a Galaxy Watch to an iPhone
In February 2019, Samsung re-branded smartwatches, fitness bands, and earbuds under the Samsung Galaxy brand. Samsung shipped approximately 31 million wearable devices in 2019, including 7.4 million true wireless earbuds.
Can I Pair a Samsung Watch With an iPhone?
- Search for “Samsung Galaxy Watch (Gear S)” in the App Store, and tap GET.
- Open the Samsung Galaxy Watch (Gear S) app on your iPhone.
- Tap OK when prompted to allow Bluetooth use.
- Tap START THE JOURNEY.
- Tap the Galaxy Watch that matches yours, i.e. Galaxy Watch 3.
- Wait for the watch to pair. If your Galaxy Watch has LTE service, follow the on-screen prompts to set that up at this time.
- Your Samsung watch is now ready to use with your iPhone.
Connect a Galaxy Watch to an iPhone
Some of the Samsung Watch features that do work as expected when used with an iPhone include:
- Phone calls: You can receive and place calls using the watch.
- Notifications: You’ll receive alerts from iPhone apps and third-party apps.
- Heart rate monitor: If your watch has a heart rate monitor, it will work with your iPhone as it works on Samsung and other Android phones. The stress calculator, based on the heart rate monitor, also functions.
- Fitness and sleep tracking: Using the Samsung Health app on your iPhone, you can track fitness and sleep data from your watch. You can also track workouts using several presets.
- Music and media playback: The music manager on your watch allows you to control music and other media playback on your iPhone.