This article focuses on How to Apply for Reciprocal Registration/Recognition for EAC Partner States Doctors ( Medical / Dental Practitioners )
- The applicant has to be an East African National.
- Medical and Dental practitioners who are EAC (East African Community) Nationals and who qualify from accredited/Recognized EAC Partner States Medical and Dental Schools under the EAC Protocol.
- Application fee Kshs. 5,000.00
- Evaluation of qualification papers Kshs. 30,000.00
How to Apply for Reciprocal Registration/Recognition for EAC Partner States Doctors ( Medical / Dental Practitioners )
- Medical / Dental practitioners trained from accredited/ recognized EAC (East Africa Community) Partner States Medical and Dental Schools under the EAC Protocol, can make an application for exemption from sitting the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s Pre-registration exams, by visiting the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s (KMPDC) offices to make the application. The contact information of the KMPDC offices can be found in the “Office Location & Contact” Section of this page.
- Here the applicant will be given an Application for East Africa Community Reciprocal Recognition form to fill and submit.
- The application form can also be downloaded from the KMPDC’s official website through the following link.
- The applicant has to make sure they are eligible to make to make the application. The eligibility requirements are mentioned in the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Fill in the application form and attach the required documents. A list of the required documents is mentioned in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Submit the completed application form and all the required documents to the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council’s offices and proceed to pay the required fees. Details of the required fees for registration are provided in the “Fees” Section of this page.
- Submit the payment receipt to the KMPDC Offices for processing of the reciprocal recognition /registration process to begin.
- At this point the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council will go through the application documents to determine their authenticity and if they meet the requirements.
- Upon completion of the registration process, the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council will contact the applicant to collect their Reciprocal Recognition Registration Certificate in person.
- The whole process is usually completed after a period of five days.
- The applicant will be required to produce proof of identity when collecting the Reciprocal Recognition Registration Certificate.
- Application form duly filled.
- Copy of Passport/ National ID
- Colored passport size photo
- Certificate of internship completion
- Evidence of Provisional/ Permanent Registration by EAC Partner State Medical Board/ Council
- Certified copies of academic/professional certificates
- Curriculum Vitae
- Have a Certificate of Status (Good Standing)
Office Locations & Contacts
Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council – Head Office
Woodlands Rd, Hurlingham, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 44893 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254-727666444 | +254-111052222