This article explains How to Activate Metrash2 through SMS. Metrash2 by the Ministry of Interior (MoI) offers residents an easy way to access MoI services through their mobile devices.
You can also inquire about traffic violations, and receive accident and vehicle permit reports through the traffic inquiry services on the Metrash2 mobile app. If MoI adds other services, they’ll automatically appear on the Metrash2 services list.
The “Metrash2” service enables citizens and residents to obtain a wide range of Ministry of Interior (MoI) services while enjoying the convenience of using their cell phones such as:
- Traffic Services.
- Visit Visa Services for Personal and Corporate Sponsorships.
- Resident Permit (RP) Services.
- Exit Permit (EP) Services.
- Electronic Gate (e-Gate) Service.
- General-purpose Queries.
The MoI will add other services that will automatically appear on the Metrash2 service list.
Activate Metrash2 through SMS
- Step 1: Enter your personal QID number, then press `Next’.
- Step 2: Enter your personal QID expiry date, then press `Next’.
- Step 3: You must confirm that the mobile number is registered in the applicant’s name.
- Step 4: Send the SMS to 92992, press `Send’.
- Step 5: You will receive an SMS that contains a two-part activation key; enter your password then press ‘Next’.
- Step 6: Enter the two parts of the activation key, then press ‘Next’.
- Step 7: Enter your password to start using the service.
- Step 8: Press ‘Accept’ to start using the services.
Download Metrash2 App
To download MOI’s services software for mobile devices, click the links below:
MoI Qatar Services Centres are open from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Sunday to Thursday.
- Phone: +(974) 2342-0000
- Email: email@example.com.
- Website: https://portal.moi.gov.qa/metrash2/en/index.html
- The applicant shall have a valid Smart ID.
- The cell phone number should be registered under the applicant’s name.
- Registration will be done through the ‘Self-Service Kiosk’. For locations’ list, please visit the MoI website.
- Follow these steps to download Metrash2 on another device:
- Download the service on a second device, run it, enter your ID and press “next”.
- Enter the password registered on the first device, then press “next”.
- You will receive an SMS on the registered device containing a one-time password (OTP).
- Enter the OPT and press “next” to run Metrash2 on the new (second) device.
- For further assistance and technical support, please call 23420000.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande