How to Transfer Data From PS4 to PS5. Whether you’re looking to transfer all PS4 data or specific games and apps, the process is nearly identical. The PS5 has a Data Transfer option in its Settings menu to allow you to import files from any PS4 on your network.
How Do I Transfer PS4 Data to PS5 After Setup?
Before you begin, you’ll need:
- Powered PS4 with an internet connection.
- Powered PS5 with an internet connection.
- A TV or monitor hooked up to each console (you can still perform a Data Transfer with only one display, but we recommend two to avoid having to swap out HDMI cables during the transfer process).
- Turn on your PS5, sign into your profile, and navigate to Settings > System > System Software > Data Transfer.
- Read the warnings and click Continue.
Turn on your PS4 and sign into the same profile.
- Your PS5 will begin searching for your PS4. If it can’t be located, check that both consoles are connected to the same network and restart your PS4.
- Once the PS4 is located, Press the PS4’s power button for 1 second until it beeps. You’ll have 5 minutes to do this before the process resets.
- After the PS4 restarts, you should see a list of the console’s save files displayed on your PS5. Select the data you want to transfer by checking off individual files (you can also choose Select All if you prefer). When finished, click Next.
- elect any games or apps you wish to transfer and click Next.
- The PS5 will display an estimated transfer time. Click Start Transfer to begin.
- Wait for the transfer to finish. Your PS4 may continue to display a transfer notification even after your PS5 restarts, as the PS5 may require additional time to install game files.
What Is the Fastest Way to Transfer PS4 Data to PS5?
- To ensure your PS4 save files are uploaded to cloud storage, select Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select Upload to Online Storage.
- From here, you can choose to select individual or multiple files by pressing the Options button on your controller and clicking Select Multiple Applications. When you’ve finished making your selections, hit Upload.
- Turn on your PS5 and navigate to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Save Data (PS4) > Cloud Storage.
- Under Download to Console Storage, select the save files you’d like to move to your PS5’s storage and click Download.
- To ensure the files were downloaded, go to Settings > Storage > Saved Data in the Console Storage > PS4 Games. This will display all PS4 save files currently on your PS5.
How to Transfer Data via USB Storage Device
Navigate to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage and select Copy to USB Storage Device.
Select the save files you’d like to move and click Copy.
Once the files are finished copying, remove the USB device and insert it into your PS5. You will need to manually copy them over to the PS5’s local storage.
Navigate to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) and select USB Drive.
Select Copy to Console Storage. Once the files are copied, you should be able to access your PS4 save files on PS5.
Was this article helpful?