Are you in Qatar and employed? Whatever your labour issue may be, there is a solution, kindly read through this article on how and where you can raise a labour complaint in Qatar. How to Submit a labour complaint in Qatar
MADLSA Mobile SMS Service, Amerni App and online
Ministry of Administrative Development Labour and Social Affairs has been taking various steps to ensure labourers in the country can get in touch with the officials in case of complaints. On its social media, the ministry posted the steps to submit a labour complaint on its hotline number 92727.
The Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs (MADLSA) provides the number 92727 to receive SMS from registered mobiles to apply for some services.
Applicants can send SMS to 92727, to get the below services:
- Sending companies’ statistics through Email.
- Renew outdated labor approvals for companies’ requests.
- Sending details of labor approvals related upon companies request through Email.
- Request meeting date with Permanent Recruitment Committee (for companies).
- Request meeting date with Permanent Recruitment Committee (for families).
- Extending personal number (residencies) for companies.
- Extending personal number (residencies) for families.
- Querying labor approval amendment requests.
- Querying through Ministry of Interior code.
- Mobile number used in sending SMS should be registered in MADLSA’s data.
- To get required information in SMS for the above mentioned services, please visit this link .
Submit a complaint to MADLSA online
If you are an employee, you can use the online form to raise a complaint.
Submit a complaint through the MADLSA ‘Amerni’ mobile application
If you are an employee, you can also submit your labour complaints online through the ‘Amerni’ app. This app has electronic services in 33 different languages and enables you to submit your labour complaint without having to visit MADLSA in-person.
Amerni App Download: Android / iOS
The steps are:
1. Send SMS to 92727
2. Type 5 then ID Number or Visa Number and send the SMS.
The service was launched to communicate with labourers about their problems. The hotline is available 24 hours and in several languages.
Submit a complaint through the Labour Dispute Settlement Committees
Complaints can also be raised through workers’ representatives who meet regularity with MADLSA.
- SMS: 92727
- Hotline: +974 4028 0660
- E-mail: adlsa_LBR@adlsa.gov.qa / LBRfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.adlsa.gov.qa/en
Note: You can check the status of your labour complaint here: https://e.adlsa.gov.qa/LaborComplaint/Default.aspx
Submit a labour complaint in-person at the MADLSA
If you are employed, you can visit the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour, and Social Affairs (MADLSA) office, either in Al-Shahaniya or the Industrial Area, to raise a complaint in-person. Evidence of mistreatment and violations is required when raising the complaint at that time.
Working hours are Sunday to Thursday: 7:30 am-12:30 pm.
Use Government Communications Office (GCO) free WhatsApp service
Subscribe to this 24-hour information service by adding the number +974 6006 0601 in their phone contacts, and then sending a WhatsApp message in any of the six available languages (Arabic, English, Urdu, Hindi, Nepali, Malayalam) to get started.
Submit a labour complaint through the National Human Rights Committee (NHRC)
In light of the evolution underway in the state of Qatar, priority has been given to promotion and consolidation of state of law, rights, freedoms and institutions; In this regard, the NHRC was established in accordance with Decree Law No. (38) for the year 2002.
The NHRC was re-organized in accordance with Decree law no. (17) for the year 2010, thereby consolidating NHRC independence as a permanent official body headquartered in the city of Doha with a separate legal personality and an independent budget; this Decree also specified the objectives and mandates of the NHRC .
At the international level, the NHRC was accredited A status by the International Coordinating Committee of National Human Rights Institutions for the Protection and Promotion of Human Rights (ICC) which is a representative body of national human rights institutions drawn from all regions of the world; the NHRC is also a member in the Sub-Committee on Accreditation (SCA) of the International Coordinating Committee (ICC) which is responsible for the accreditation and classification of national Committees all over the world. The NHRC is entitled to participate in the ICC and in its regional sub-group, the Asia Pacific Forum as of March 2012 for a period of 3 years.
The mission of the National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) is the protection and promotion of human rights for everyone, subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Qatar (citizens, residents, and transit travellers). Those who feel their labour rights are violated may file a complaint to the NHRC to take necessary action.
Submit a labour complaint in-person at the NHRC
- Print out the online complaint form, fill in your complaint, then submit it in person to the NHRC.
- Provide your contact information, including phone number, email, and address.
- Attach a copy of your identification card (for Qataris) and a copy of your passport or visa (for non-Qataris) and any related documents to support your complaint.
Submit a labour complaint online through the NHRC
- Register on the NHRC website: https://nhrc-qa.org/profile/register/
- Log in: https://nhrc-qa.org/en/new-ticket-form/
- Fill out the online complaint form, entering all the required information.
- Attach a copy of your identification card (for Qataris) and a copy of your passport or visa (for non-Qataris), attaching any related documents to support your complaint.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) Address:
Nasser Bin Khalid intersection,
Behind Doha petrol station,
P. O. Box: 24104,
Telephone: (+974) 44048844
Fax: (+974) 44444013
Submit a labour complaint through e-mail or fax to the NHRC
You may also send the completed online complaint form, a copy of your identification card (for Qataris) and a copy of your passport or visa (for non-Qataris) and any related documents to support your complaint by fax to +974 4444 4013 or email it to email@example.com
Fax: +974 4444 4013
Submit a labour complaint through your Embassy or Consulate in Qatar
You may be able to submit a labour complaint through your country’s embassy by visiting your embassy headquarters in Qatar or by calling them.
Important Contacts to contact
List of Embassies, Ministries & Government Organisations in Qatar
- Embassy of Bangladesh, Doha +974 – 44671927
- Embassy of Bosnia, Doha+974 – 44113828
- Embassy of China, Doha+974 – 44934203
- Embassy of Cuba, Doha+974 – 44110713, 44110717
- Embassy of India, Doha+974 – 44255777
- Embassy of Iraq, Doha+974 – 4672237
- Embassy of Kuwait, Doha+974 – 44832111
- Embassy of Lebanon, Doha+974 – 4477773
- Embassy of Libya, Doha+974 – 44831231
- Embassy of Malaysia, Doha+974 – 444836493
- Embassy of Palestine, Doha+974 – 4422531
- Embassy of Republic of Iran, Doha+974 – 44835300
- Embassy of Syria, Doha+974 – 4832409
- Embassy of the Philippines, Doha+974 – 44831585
- Embassy of the Republic of Turkey, Doha+974 – 44835553
- Ministry of Endowment & Islamic Affiars+974 – 44470777, 44470534
- Ministry of Energy and Industry+974 – 44976111
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs+974 – 44334334