How to Request New Environmental Permit for Development Projects in Qatar. Investors and government entities may submit a request to the Environmental Assessment and Licensing Department at the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) to obtain a new environmental permit for the development projects related to building airports, ports and towers, or the infrastructure projects, such as drainage, roads and extension of power and water networks, and the projects carried out to build entertainment or tourist areas.
- Fill out the paper form of Request for Environmental Permit in Arabic at the Customer Service Office of the Environmental Assessment and Licensing Department.
- Attach the following documents:
- Letter from the relevant government or administrative entity
- Site maps approved by the Urban Planning Department or the licensing entity
- Commercial registration or establishment ID of the company executing the project, or title deed
- QID of project owner
- Letter from applicant to the person authorized to follow up on the application, except for government entities, in case of submitting proof that the person is a representative or holds a similar position at such entities
- (2) softcopies and hardcopies of the terms of reference document, in case of requesting environmental impact assessment study
- (2) softcopies (CD) of each of the above
Customer Service Office of the Environmental Assessment and Licensing Department – Al Udeid Tower, Al Dafna (Check Google Maps)
It is to be made sure that all available data is included in the application or attached to it, or, otherwise, the statement “Not available or Not applicable” is written in the relevant field.
No fees are required for this service.