How to Request Amendment of Real Estate Lease Contract Registration Certificate in Qatar. Individuals and institutions may submit a request to the Registration of Real Estate Lease Contracts Office at the different municipalities to amend details, such as electricity and water numbers or building number, in a previously certified lease contract, or to extend the lease term.
If the new contract includes amendment in the parties or the details of the leased property, the contract shall be registered in a new transaction with new applicable fees. However, in case of requesting to renew the contract for a similar or additional term with the same parties, terms and obligations, and no increase in the lease value, such amendment shall be deemed an attachment to the original contract with no fees applied.
- Log in to website of the Ministry of Municipality (MoM) using the National Authentication System “Tawtheeq”, then select the “Lease Contracts” service.
- Enter the following lessee details:
- Valid QID no. of owner, lessee or their authorized representatives
- Authorization or certificate number requiring amendment
- Attach the following documents:
- Copy of previously certified contract in Arabic
- Copy of power of attorney or authorization to register a lease contract or amend lease contract registration certificate
- Copy of valid QID of owner, lessee or their authorized representatives (in case of requesting authorization to registration a lease contract or amend a lease contract registration certificate)
- Copy of building completion certificate
- Submit application so that the system sends an SMS on receiving it successfully.
- Pay appropriate fees at any of the customer service offices in municipalities.
- Competent officers at the Registration of Real Estate Lease Contracts Offices provide this service to the elderly and people with disabilities at the municipality premises.
- For more information on how to register a new lease contract or request to modify a lease contract registration certificate, please check the user manual of the lease contract registration services.
- MoM clarifies on its website the process plan of the service.
- This service requires one day to be completed.
- You can view the service information on MoM website.
No fees are required for this service.