Waiting for a the water bill to be sent to you via post is not always convenient. The delays can lead to late payments and disconnections which are costly. There are different ways customers can check their water bills fast and easy. How to Pay Water Bill in KenyaIn this post, we shall look at different ways to check your Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company bill from the comfort of your own home.
Pay Water Bill in Kenya Procedure
a)In person at any of these Pay points.
- Bring your water bill to one of these locations:
- Head Offices, Kampala Road, Industrial Area
- Comcraft House, Haille Selassie Avenue, City Centre
- The Mall, Westlands Lower Ground Floor
- Pangani, Muranga Road, adjacent to the Pangani Roundabout
- Enterprise Centre, 3rd Floor of Enterprise Road opp Industrial Area Remand Prison
- BuruBuru Shopping Centre, Kagina Plaza
- Karen Regional Office, Karen Shopping Centre
- Western Regional Offices, Off Joseph Kangethe Road
- Kayole Offices, Kayole near Equity bank
b)Using M-pesa (Safaricom)
- Go to M-PESA Menu on your mobile phone
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter 530100 as the Business Number
- EnterNWC followed by your Nairobi Water Number as the ACCOUNT NUMBER e.g NWC92929292
- Enter the value amount to pay (NO COMMAS) e.g 2000
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- Then send the request You will receive an SMS confirming the transaction
c)Using Airtel Money
- Go to the Airtel Money Menu and choose MAKE PAYMENTS option
- Choose the PAYBILL Option
- Choose OTHERS Option
- Enter the word JAMBOPAY as the business name
- Enter the value amount to pay (NO COMMAS)>
- Confirm amount
- Enter your 4 digit Airtel Money password
- Enter NWC followed by your Nairobi water Account Number as the REFERENCE number e.g NWC9292929292 You will receive an SMS confirming the transaction
1.Go to http://nwater.jambopay.co.ke/ .
2.Enter your account number
3.Follow the simple instructions
You will require the water invoice details to pay the amount.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Water and Irrigation
Maji House, Ngong Road,
P.O. Box 49720, Nairobi
Eligibility – Pay Water Bill in Kenya
You should be an Kenyan citizen and your age should be of 18 years. Anyone above 18 years receiving tapped water from Water and Sewerage Company in Kenya.
Fees – Pay Water Bill in Kenya
The water bill varies from category type such as Commercial, individual, domestic, multi-storied building, commercial, non-revenue connections.
Validity – Pay Water Bill in Kenya
- You should pay the water bill on a monthly basis.
- Hence, the document is valid for a month.
- If you do not pay the amount regularly, disconnection fee and service charges are levied.
It takes 30 minutes for the account to be updated
- You can pay water bill in person and online
- You should have valid water bill particulars in order to pay for water bills.
- You should own an apartment,
- You should own land,
- You should own a building,
- You should have an agreement if you don’t own the above requirements.
- You will require the water bill details
- You should require an account Number with the water and sewerage of Kenya
- You will need a telephone contact
- You will need a physical address
- You will need a the invoice to pay the bill.
Need for the Document
- There is more water than land yet we have to pay high water rates for something we have trillions of gallons on Earth.
- The owner of an apartment, land, building has to pay the water bill to the National water and sewerage board of Kenya.
- The governing authority of the jurisdiction levies the water bill to the owner in which the property is located.
- Water is provided for domestic purposes, commercial purpose, industrial purposes, institutions, establishments such as offices, schools etc. by different mode of connection i.e. pipe, hand pumps, tube well or well.
Information which might help
- To know the status of your water bill, send in your account number/ meter account number to 20557 via SMS
- You will get a reply with details of your water bill/ meter reading showing the account status
- This is a premium service, sms charge is ksh 10 above normal rates.
How to Check Your Water Bill Online
For an online request, a client has to have a current client account or create one on the NWSC web page.
1. Open https://www.nairobiwater.co.ke/ on your browser
2. Click on the ‘Online Services’ tab – you will then be redirected to a new window.
3. Fill in the Login details as specified and click ‘Submit’
4. You can now check for any outstanding bills.
Notably, the portal also allows you to carry out other tasks such as lodge complaints, check stream water charges, find the nearest pay point to you and pay your bill.
How to Check Your Water Bill Using Your Mobile Phone
NWSC launched a shortcode you can use to register for E-bills, make balance inquiries, pay the water bill, identify if a technician is indeed from the institution, edit account details as well as access their contacts, in case you need to get in touch with them for any form of assistance.
Here’s how to check your water balance on your mobile phon
1. Dial *888# on your phone
2. You will be directed to a window that has 7 options
3. Key in ‘2’ on the dialogue box to get to query your bill
It’s that simple, you can then move on to any other task available among the seven options.
However, the pay bill number differs in each region.
Below are pay bill numbers of some of the major towns in Kenya
1. Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Pay bill number: 895 500
2. Kisumu Water Company Pay bill number: 517 000
3. Nakuru Water Pay bill number: 111 444
4. Eldoret Water Pay bill number: 511 000
5. Nithi Water and Sanitation Pay bill number: 901 325
6. Kiambu Water Pay bill number: 885 100
7. Garissa Water Pay bill number: 880 600
8. Mavoko Water and Sewerage Company Pay bill number: 363 100
You can also reach out directly to NWSC through their official Twitter page here, or their Facebook Page for any queries. Responses on social media platforms are often answered promptly.