How to Obtain Postal Identity Card in Sri Lanka. Two copies of 3 x 2 size photograph of the bust only which should be clear and in the posture of looking front should be forwarded. One copy of the photograph should be posted in the prescribed place in the application and the applicant should place his signature so as to appear one half on the application and the other half on the photograph in the presence of Post Master and two witnesses. The signature should also be placed on the other photograph so as not to appear any post on the face of the photograph in front of the Post Master.
- Application forms can be obtained from the following offices:
- General Post Office, Bristol Street, Colombo 01.
- All Post Offices and Sub Post Offices in the island.
- Submit the completed form together with a copy of your birth certificate. You may submit your application between 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Pay the application fee.
For applications submitted by students:
- The principal and the class teacher or any other person known to the Post Master should sign on the reverse of the application as witnesses.
- Principal should certify the identity of the student on the reverse of the photograph meant for posting in the identity card supported by the office seal.
- Completed application
- Copy of birth certificate (do not forget to bring the original certificate for verification)
- Application Fee: Stamps for Rs. 50.00
- Specimen Application Form
Perfected Specimen Application
Department of Posts
Postal Head Quarters,
D. R. Wijewardana Mawatha,
Telephones: +94 -112-32 5111
Fax Nos: +94-112-44 0555
Government Information Centre – Sri Lanka
Was this article helpful?