What is a Microsoft Account ? A Microsoft account is an email address and password that you use with Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, and Windows. When you create a Microsoft account, you can use any email address as the user name, including addresses from Outlook.com, Yahoo! or Gmail.
Have you got security problems in your old Microsoftaccount? Have you decided to move to a new account? Which one you need to back up first when moving? You may find answers here.
- Create new Microsoft account.
- Open your old Microsoft account data (emails, contacts, calendars, OneDrive, etc.) by sign in to your old Microsoft account.
- Forward emails to a new account. You may not need this, but if you think some contacts are spammers, leave it (do not forward)
- Duplicate files in OneDrive (If needed) to a new account. If you are using OneDrive for Desktop, it is recommended that you copy to an offline folder first like Desktop, then sign out then sign in to a new account.ails to a new account
- Copy contact details to a new account. In your old account, you can export contacts to a new account by go to https://people.live.com and sign in to the Outlook.com account you want to import contacts from, click Manage, click Export for Outlook.com and other services and save the file. Then sign in to the Outlook.com account you want to import contacts into and navigate https://people.live.com/import/outlook?biciid=ImportCatalog, browse to the file and click Upload.
- If you have any third-party account associated to the old account, you might be able to change email addresses on some accounts. Fortunately, if your old account is associated with this website, you can change the email address on Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-echo then clicking “Change email address”.
Was this article helpful?