How to lock or unlock profiles on Netflix. If you want to restrict access to a specific profile on your account, you can protect it with a Profile Lock PIN.
To add a PIN to a profile:
- From a web browser, go to your Account page.
- Open the Profile & Parental Controls settings for the profile you want to lock.
- Change the Profile Lock setting. lock or unlock profiles on Netflix.
- Enter your Netflix account password.
- Check the box to Require a PIN to access the selected profile.
- To remove the PIN requirement, uncheck the box.
- Enter four numbers to create your Profile Lock PIN. Unless you’re using an unsupported device, you will enter this PIN to enter the profile or play titles downloaded from it.
- If you want to require a PIN any time a new profile is added to your account, select Require PIN to add new profiles.
- This option is only available after creating a Profile Lock PIN for the main account profile.
- Select Submit.
How to recover a Profile Lock PIN
If you forget your Profile Lock PIN, click the Forgot PIN? link on the bottom of the screen. If you’re watching on a TV, enter the provided web address into a web browser.
To view or edit the Profile Lock PIN that was created for the profile, enter your Netflix account password.
Your device may require a refresh to pick up the updated settings. To refresh:
– Switch to another profile, then switch back.
– Or, sign out of your device and sign back in.
Was this article helpful?