How to Enable iMessage on PC or Mac. This article teaches you how to turn on iMessage on a Mac computer. iMessages is a messenger app for Apple products like the iPhone and Mac.
- Open a new Finder window. It’s the icon that resembles a blue and white smiley face on the far-left side of your Mac’s dock.
- Click Appications. It’s in the left column of the Finder window.
- Click the “Messages” app. It’s the app of a blue and white speech bubble. This opens the Messages app.
- Click Messages. It’s in the menu bar at the top.
- If there’s no Apple ID associated with the Messages app, it may prompt you to sign when the Messages app first starts. If so, log in with the email address and passwords associated with your Apple ID and click Sign In.
- Click Preferences. It’s the second option in the drop-down menu.
- Click Accounts. It’s the blue icon with a white “@” symbol inside.
- Click the account you want to use with iMessage. Click the account listed in the left column to select it.
Click the checkbox for “Enable this account” to turn on iMessage on your Mac.
- If no Apple ID is listed in the left column, click the “＋” button at the bottom and enter the email address and password for your iMessage account.