Press Play and Listen to this article on Nyongesa Sande!!
Would you like to embed your tweets on your website or blog? A great way to place tweets on websites or blogs, is by embedding them. Embedding them is a lot better than just placing a screenshot or an image of a tweet, as you when you embed them, people will be able to see the number of times the tweet has been retweeted and made favourite.
How to embed a Tweet on your website or blog
- Click the icon located within the Tweet.
- From the menu, select Embed Tweet.
- This will open publish.twitter.com where you can customize the look of the embedded Tweet by clicking set customization options.
- If the Tweet is a reply to another Tweet, you can check Hide Conversation to hide the original Tweet.
- Once you like the look of the embedded Tweet, copy the code provided by clicking the Copy Code button.
- Paste the code into your blog or website.
Note: Embedding Tweets is only available via twitter.com.
Examples of embedded Tweets
Reply including original Tweet:
Tweet including media:
Frequently asked questions
Can I embed a Tweet that contains a photo, video, or other media?
Yes! An embedded Tweet can display photos and videos uploaded to Twitter as well as content described by a link.
What if the Tweet I want to embed is part of a conversation (a reply)?
When the embedded Tweet is a reply, the parent Tweet will be displayed above the reply. A permalink will be available on both Tweets to the reply, and a link to the replier’s profile will be available on the reply.
Check the Hide Conversation checkbox when setting customization options on publish.twitter.com to hide the parent Tweet.
Can I embed a Tweet from someone who chooses to protect their Tweets?
Embed code is not available for Tweets from people who choose to protect their Tweets.
What if someone deletes a Tweet, changes their Tweets from public to protected, or the account becomes suspended after the Tweet has been embedded on another website?