Dell Drivers & Downloads website allows you to download drivers, firmware, and some software applications for Dell desktops, laptops, all-in-one computers, docking stations, tablets, mobile devices, printers, monitors, projectors, servers, storage & networking devices, and so on. How to Download and Install Dell Drivers. Dell recommends that you download the drivers for your Dell computer, printer, tablet, and other Dell devices from the Dell Drivers & Downloads website.
WARNING: Downloading and installing Dell-developed drivers or software from third-party or unknown sources can cause the computer or device not to work correctly, cause the computer to crash or not boot into the operating system, or in some rare instances infect the computer with virus, trojan, or other malicious software.
NOTE: Drivers for third-party or non-Dell products such as non-Dell branded printers, docking stations, webcams, scanners, monitors, and so on must be downloaded from the device manufacturer’s website.
How to download and install a Dell driver
- Browse to https://www.dell.com/support/drivers.
- Identify your Dell product
- Click Download & Install SupportAssist to auto-detect your Dell product. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dell SupportAssist. For more information, see the Dell knowledge base article Dell SupportAssist (formerly Dell System Detect): Overview and Common Questions.
- Or, enter the Service Tag, Express Service Code, or the Serial number of the Dell product and click Search.
- Or, click Browse all products to manually select your Dell product from the catalog.
- Click Check for Updates to allow Dell to automatically find driver updates for you.
- Alternatively, you can manually locate and download the drivers using:
- Keyword search box – Enter a keyword of the driver you are looking for. For example, BIOS, Chipset, Audio, Video, and so on.
- Operating System & Category filters – Select the operating system that is installed on the Dell computer and choose a driver category.
NOTE: To view drivers for your specific Dell computer, turn on the toggle switch “Show downloads for only THIS PC”.
- Click the Download button next to the driver of your choice and save the file. Click Show All to see the remaining drivers.
- Using File Explorer (also known as Windows Explorer), browse to the location where the downloaded file was saved.
- Double-click the .exe driver installation file that you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for other drivers (if required).
- After the driver installation is complete, restart the computer.
How to download and install drivers using the SupportAssist app
SupportAssist application is preinstalled on Dell computers that are shipped with Microsoft Windows operating system.
NOTE: Your Windows login account must have administrator privileges to download and install SupportAssist.
- Click Start and type
- Click the SupportAssist app in the search results.
- In the SupportAssist window, click Start now.
- SupportAssist automatically scans your computer, checks for driver updates, downloads, and installs the latest drivers (if available).
- SupportAssist also runs other automated tasks such as scan hardware, tune performance, optimize the network, and so on.
Was this article helpful?