Press Play and Listen to this article on Nyongesa Sande!!
How to Convert MBR to GPT Disk with AOMEI Partition Assistant. Now that MBR has many limitations and GPT has many advantages. Why not convert MBR to GPT disk? With the Disk Management GUI, to convert MBR to GPT is a single action. Right click on the disk you‘d like to convert and click on Convert to GPT Disk. You can only convert a disk from MBR to GPT that has no data stored on it or is encrypted by BitLocker with Bitlocker active.
Limitations of MBR
- MBR disks support up to 2TB
- Supports only four primary partitions
Advantages of GPT disk
- GPT disks support larger than 2TB
- GPT disks allow an almost unlimited number of partitions(Windows: 128), as well as unlimited primary partitions
- Every partition on GPT disk can has a name which is different from partition label.
Convert MBR to GPT with AOMEI Partition Assistant
- Run AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition. Select the data disk(Disk 2) you want to convert, right click then select “Convert to GPT Disk” in the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window, click “OK” after confirming the operation.
- Back to the main screen, You can preview the conversion. To commit the change, please click “Apply” on the toolbar.
Convert MBR to GPT with “diskpart.exe”
- Click “Start”, and input “diskpart” in the searching box.
- Input “list disk”, and then select the disk you want to convert by typing “select disk x”.
- Input “list partition” (this step will delete all files in your hard disk!)and then select the existing partitions and delete all of them by typing “delete partition x” command.
- Input “convert gpt”.
Convert MBR to GPT Disk with AOMEI Partition Assistant