How To Check & Pay KRA Penalties on iTax. Filing tax returns is the obligation of every Kenyan with a KRA Pin and failure to do so prompts penalties for the citizen.
Checking For KRA Penalties
1. Log in to https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
2. Enter your KRA PIN, then click continue. Enter your password and Security Stamp (answer the arithmetic sum) and click login.
3. On the dashboard, select My Ledger. A drop down will appear, click on General Ledger.
4. Fill in all the tabs
5. Under transaction type select penalty
6. For Account type click on Taxpayer Main Account
7. Tax Head / SubHead select your preferred inquiry i.e Taxpayer Main Account, Advance Payment
8. For the duration tabs, key in the period you have queries on.
9. When done, click on the show ledger.
10. If successful, a tab will appear on your screen with the data. Your records will show whether you have penalties or not.
How To Pay for KRA Penalties
To remit penalties and interest, here is a guide for the taxpayer.
Still on the dashboard select Payment.
Click on payment registration and follow the directions to pay for a penalty.
Fill in your details, an electronic slip (E-Slip) will be generated. Download it.
The E-slip will contain a payment registration number. Use it as the account number when paying via Mpesa.
On the Mpesa menu, select Paybill. Enter KRA Account Number as 572572 as the business number.
For the account number, enter the registration number.
Enter the amount due. You will receive a confirmation message from M-pesa. Check & Pay KRA Penalties on iTax
Was this article helpful?