Press Play and Listen to this article on Nyongesa Sande!!
This article will teach you how to cancel a Kindle Unlimited subscription using the Amazon mobile app or your computer’s web browser. If your membership was pre-paid (like with a gift or in a bundle package), you will not get reimbursed for the unused months.
While Kindle Unlimited offers you access to countless ebooks, there may come a time when you are no longer using it. If you wish to cancel your Kindle Unlimited membership, you can navigate to the “Manage my membership” section on the Amazon website. There you’ll find your current plan and payment settings, along with the option to cancel. It’s important to note that these changes can only be made online and not on any Amazon app.
It’s also worth noting that while your account will be cancelled, you’ll still have access to your borrowed titles until your membership expires. Your membership will expire on the date you were to be charged a fee. Your borrowed books will be removed from your library and your billing will end then.
Using the Amazon Mobile App
- Open Amazon on your phone or tablet. This app icon features a blue shopping cart with the word “Amazon” over it that you’ll find on your Home screen, in the app drawer, or by searching.
- Tap the ☰ menu. It’s the three horizontal lines near the top-left corner of your screen.
- Tap Your Account. It’s in the first grouping of menu options under “Home.”
- Tap Memberships & subscriptions. It’s under the “Account Settings” header near the bottom of that section.
- Tap your Kindle Unlimited Subscription. You’ll see the subscription’s details page, such as the current payment method that’s selected.
- Tap Kindle Unlimited Settings. You’ll find this under the “Advanced controls” header.
- Tap Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership. It’s under the “Manage Membership” header.
- Tap Cancel Membership. A confirmation message will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm. Once your cancelation is confirmed, you’ll see a message that says your membership has been canceled. It’ll also display the date on which your Kindle Unlimited benefits will end.
Using a Web Browser
- Log in at https://amazon.com in a web browser. You can use any web browser to do this, including Chrome and Safari.
- Hover your cursor over Accounts & Lists. You’ll find this in the top right corner of your web browser and a menu will drop down.
- Click Your Kindle Unlimited. It’s near the bottom of the menu.
- Click Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership. It’s on the left side of the page under the header “Manage Membership.
- Click End Membership on [DATE]. You can use the membership’s benefits until that date.