Here is a simple guide on how to apply for Umba loan and how to pay Umba loan. Umba loan app, formerly known to many as Mkopo Kaka, is a money lending app in Kenya that gives loans to their clients at a low-interest rate. How to Apply For Umba Loan
The mobile loan app is a product of Beatha Technology and has more than 100k downloads on Google play store, with a rating of 4.4.
Umba loan app is only available to Kenyans and Ugandans.
Their loan amount ranges between Ksh. 250 and Ksh. 70,000 and interest rate between 1% and 15% p.m.
Umba loan repayment duration is between 1 to 12 months.
Umba Loan App Registration Process
- Download Umba loan app on Google play store.
- Click on “Apply for Loan with Facebook”.
- You will be required to provide your National ID details.
- Click on the x button of your screen.
- Enter the details below:
- First name
- National ID number
- Date of Birth
- Click on “Apply Now” button
- Click on “Allow SMS log permission”
- Allow Umba loan app to send and view SMS messages
- Click on “Accept Contacts permission”.
- Allow Umba to access your contacts
- Click on “Accept Phone state permissions”.
- Allow Umba to make and manage phone calls.
- Click on “Accept Location permissions”.
- Allow Umba to access the location of your phone.
- Set and verify email/phone number.
- Set email.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address. Enter and click submit.
- Set phone number and choose country.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your phone. Enter and click submit.
How to Apply For Umba Loan
- Go to “Apply Loan”.
- Choose loan type and proceed.
- Enter loan amount.
- Choose reason.
- Click on apply now.
- If the application is approved, the money will be sent to your M-Pesa account.
How to Pay Umba Loan
- Go to M-Pesa menu on your mobile phone.
- Choose Lipa na M-Pesa.
- Select paybill option.
- On the business number section, enter Umba paybill number 264130.
- On the account number section, type Umba or your phone number.
- Enter loan amount.
- Key in your M-Pesa PIN and submit the information.
- You will receive a confirmation message from Umba loan app and M-Pesa.
Umba Loan Contacts
Was this article helpful?