How to Apply for Initial Approval to Establish International Engineering Consulting Office in Qatar. The Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee at the Ministry of Municipality (MoM) undertakes giving its initial approval to establish an international engineering consulting office. This enables the office to issue the necessary permits pertaining to the commercial license, the Visa Department, the recruitment of cadres at the office and completion of office registration procedures while banning the practice of engineering professions.
- Download and fill out the paper form, then submit it to the Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee.
- Attach the following documents:
- Letter addressed to the head of the Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee requesting initial approval, determining office category and required specialties.
- Original copy of the head office memorandum of association at its country of origin, and articles of association (if available) (both certified by the Foreign Ministry in Doha).
- Certificate issued by the competent authorities at the home of the head office stating its practice for engineering consultancy profession for continuous ten years, at least (certified by the Foreign Ministry in Doha).
- Valid license certificates for the head office branches in at least four countries other than the office of the home country (certified by the Foreign Ministry in Doha).
- Annual budget of the head office for the three years preceding the date of application’s submission, and audited by a certified audit office.
- List of ten major projects accomplished by the head office or its branches in five countries other than the home country. The office should be paid for these projects at least one hundred million Qatari Riyals, accompanied by documents that are signed and stamped by the office seal as well as stating projects’ details and date of completion (certified by the Foreign Ministry in Doha).
- Original copy of quality evaluation or international profession certificates (if any) of the head office or its branches.
- Unconditional obligation (certified by the Foreign Ministry in Doha) to carry out the following:
- Undertake all commitments arising from the branch office’s practice for engineering consultation profession in the State of Qatar.
- Encourage the national industries with specifications’ preparation priority by the branch office, in conformity with the adopted laws.
- Provide the branch office with the required technical experience as well as insurance to the office, its staff and related engineering works through Qatari insurance national companies.
- Academic and experience certificates for engineers and staff who will join the branch office, provided that such certificates are certified by the competent authorities.
- Any other documents mentioned in the paper form.
Engineers and Engineering Offices Accrediting and Classifying Committee (Dafna).
- Applicant shall meet the terms specified under Law No.19 of 2005.
- MoM clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
No fees are required for this service.