The Highway Secondary is a public boys’ boarding school located in Nairobi’s South B suburb, Kenya. The school is named for the Mombasa Highway that runs along the school’s southern perimeter. The school is classified as a County school.
The school was created as an Asian school for O-level boys and co-ed A-level (girls and boys) on 19 February 1962. This was concurrent with the conversion of Ngara Girls’ High School a boy’s and girls school into an all-girls school. The headmaster along with all the male teaching staff and the boys were moved to the site of the present school location.
The school was officially inaugurated by Hon. Lawrence G. Sagini, Minister of Education. In 1963 the school enrolled its first four black students. The school is currently headed by Principal Partick Maritim and deputy principal Eric Wandambusi.
- Mr. M.A. Turnidge (1962)
- Mr. J.C. Clement (1962–1963)
- Mr. J. Farnell (1963–1964)
- Mr. M.A. Quarishy (1965–1966)
- Mr. A.S. Maina (1969–1973)
- Mr. C.B. Maina (June 1973 – December 1973)
- Mr. N.W.A. Mwangi (January 1974 – January 1980)
- Mr. G.M. Okwiya (February 1980 – January 1982)
- Mr. S.K. Kibe (February 1982 – December 1996)
- Mr. H.W. Njeru (January 1997 – December 1998)
- Mrs. A. Kasibwa (January 1999 – April 2001)
- Mr. D. Karaba (May 2001 – October 2002)
- Mr. J.K. Mbogori (October 2002 to– January 2010)
- Mr. P. Maritim (January 2010 – )
Chairmen of Board of Governors
- Dr. Hassanaly Rattansi (1964–1978)
- Mr. D.M. Mutiso (1978–1996)
- Mr. L.M. Ombete( 1997–1999)
- Mr. P. Thige (2000 – July 2006)
- Dr. Vijoo Rattansi, OGW (July 2006 – )