Some older Android devices work with Netflix but aren’t able to download the Netflix app from the Google Play Store. These devices may be able to get a version of Netflix directly from us.
You must be using a device running an Android version between 4.4.2 and 7.1.2 to install
Netflix from this page. Rooted or uncertified Android devices can’t download the Netflix app from the Play Store and Netflix may not work properly.
Follow the steps below using the Android device you want to install Netflix on.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Check the box next to Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.
- Tap OK to confirm this change.
- Tap here to download the Netflix app.
- Find your download by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- After the file is downloaded, tap the Netflix file and tap Install.
- After the Netflix app is installed, return to your home screen and launch Netflix.
After you’ve installed the app, follow steps 1 through 4 again to change your setting back.
Netflix says “This app is not compatible with your device.” Help Center. Published 2021. Accessed April 11, 2021. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688?ui_action=kb-article-popular-categories