What to do when Netflix says to sign up when trying to sign in. If you see steps to create a new account when you try to sign in to Netflix, follow these steps to return to the Sign In page.
Computer, phone, or tablet
- Go to netflix.com/logout and click Sign Out.
- After you’ve signed out, click Sign In and enter your Netflix email and password.
Smart TV or set-top box
If there’s a Back button
- Choose Back until you see the option to sign in.
- Choose Sign In.
- Enter your Netflix email and password.
If there isn’t a Back button
- In the Netflix app, press these buttons in order on your remote:
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
- Choose Sign out, Reset, or Deactivate.
- After you’ve signed out, choose Sign In and enter your Netflix email and password.
If these steps didn’t work, your account is either using a different email address or isn’t active anymore. Check whether you’ve been charged by Netflix recently.
If you have:
- A charge from Netflix in the last month: Your account is still active, but it might be set up with a different email address. Try signing in with a different email address.
- No charge from Netflix in the last month: Your account might not be active anymore. Follow the steps to restart your account.NOTE: If you have an active gift card or promotion on your account, you might not see recent charges from Netflix.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande