What to do when Netflix says ‘This app is not compatible with your device.’ When trying to download the Netflix app, this message may appear on your Android device:
This app is not compatible with your device.
Devices that are on older versions of Android or aren’t Play Protect certified can’t download from the Play Store. You may be able to install a simplified version of the app directly from Netflix if you can’t download it from the Play Store.
For devices with a modified version of Android, follow the Google support steps to Fix issues with your Play Protect certification status.
To install the app from Netflix, your device must be on Android version 4.4.2 through 7.1.2.
Using the device you want to install Netflix on:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Tap the box next to Unknown Sources: Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.
- Tap OK to confirm this change.
- Download the Netflix app.
- To find the download, swipe down from the top of your screen.
- Tap on the file, then tap Install.
- After the Netflix app is installed, return to your home screen and open Netflix.NOTE: To change the setting back, follow steps 1–4 again.
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande