Things that define Africans. The Culture of Africa is varied and manifold, consisting of a mixture of countries with various tribes that each have their unique characteristic from the continent of Africa. It is a product of the diverse populations that inhabit the continent of Africa and the African diaspora. Generally, Culture can be defined as a collective mass of distinctive qualities belonging to a certain group of people. These qualities include laws, morals, beliefs, knowledge, art, customs, and any other attributes belonging to a member of that society. Africa has numerous ethnic nationalities all with varying qualities such as language, dishes, greetings, and dances. However, all African peoples share a series of dominant cultural traits which distinguish African Culture from the rest of the world. For example, social values, religion, morals, political values, economics, and aesthetic values all contribute to African Culture. Expressions of culture are abundant within Africa, with large amounts of cultural diversity being found not only across different countries but also within single countries. Even though African cultures are widely diverse, they are also, when closely studied, seen to have many similarities; for example, the morals they uphold, their love and respect for their culture, as well as the strong respect they hold for the aged and the important, i.e. kings and chiefs.
Here are the funny Things that define Africans
1. Urinating behind the latrine
2. Wife sleeping next to the wall
3. Keeping brooms behind the door
4. When you get rich, people say you have a snake
5. When you get old, you’re a witch
6. When you take a bath , they will ask if you are going somewhere.
7. Keeping some plates, cups and spoons aside specifically for visitors.
8. Counting pieces of meat.
9. No natural death in Africa…. your enemy is always the cause.
10. Counting money after withdrawing from ATM.
11. Marrying a beautiful woman is associated with marrying a prostitute.
12. There are some special parts of the chicken meat that are always reserved for the husband (eg. Gizzard)
13. Removing shoes when walking in the mud.
14. Buying new clothes when it is Christmas, easter, IDD,
15. When one is given microphone, they first blow air into it or tap it with a finger, to test it if it is working, (even when the passing it on was using the same mic.
16. Sweeping the whole compound when is expecting visitors.
17. Looking left and right when crossing one way road.
18: Keeping an empty plastic water bottle after drinking, for future use.
19: Reserving a special chair for the Husband
20: Feeling proud when sitting next to a white person in a bus.
*It is proud to be an African*
Make sure to check out our social media to keep track of the latest content.
Instagram - @nyongesasande
Twitter - @nyongesasande
Facebook - Nyongesa Sande