In This article we explore on How to Turn Off Trophy Video Recording on Your PS5. Your PlayStation 5 (PS5) will capture and save moments when you earn a trophy in a game. However, the console stores those trophy moments as video files instead of screenshots. Here’s how to change that.
A good reason to turn off gameplay recording on PS5 when it comes to PlayStation Trophies is to save space on your SSD. These Trophy recordings are saved as video clips, which can take up considerable storage space when they pile up. You are more likely to run into this problem if you’re a Trophy hunter, a person who doesn’t put down a PlayStation game until they’ve earned all the trophies.
How Do I Turn Off Trophy Recording on PS5?
Turning off the Trophy recordings feature is simple. Just follow the steps below:
- From your PlayStation 5’s dashboard, head to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Captures and Broadcasts.
- On the left side menu, select Auto-Captures, and then select Trophies on the right
- In the Video Clips section, you’ll see an option called Save Trophy Videos – it will be set to All Trophy Grades by default. Select it and set it to None.
- That will stop the PS5 from saving Trophies as video clips.
Now Your PlayStation Trophies Will Be Saved as Images
If you were wondering how to stop gameplay recording on PS5 for your Trophies, now you know how.
While the video snippets of Trophy recordings make your achievements exciting to watch and share, your storage space doesn’t need to take a hit because of it. And you can always turn them back on in the future if you decide you want to see the clips after all.