When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed. If you’d just like to take a break, you can temporarily deactivate your account instead. How to delete an Instagram account
After your account is deleted, you can sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account as long as it hasn’t been taken by a new person on Instagram.
Keep in mind that if your account is removed for violating Community Guidelines, you may not be able to sign up again with the same username. For security reasons, we can’t delete an account for you. You’ll need to be able to log into your account to request deletion. If you can’t remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
Before deleting your account, you may want to log in and download a copy of your information (like your photos and posts) from Instagram. After your account has been deleted, you will not have access to Instagram’s Data Download tool.
To request the permanent deletion of your account:
Here is How to delete an Instagram account
- Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu below Why do you want to delete [account name]? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Click or tap Delete [username].
If you’d like to delete a different account:
- Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or tap next to Edit profile and select Log out.
- Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.
Instagram for iPhone
Was this article helpful?