Airtel Kenya Ltd, a subsidiary of Airtel Africa, is the second largest telecommunications services provider in Kenya after Safaricom PLC. It has an estimated 16.2 million subscribers of the total 59.8 million subscribers in the Kenyan market equivalent to 27.2% market share. How to Buy Airtel Data Bundles
How to Buy Airtel Data Bundles
Here is how you can purchase Airtel data bundles:
- Dial *544# from your Airtel line and press on the call button.
- Select/ Enter Option 1 (Data (Amazing) and press on send.
- Select your preferred data plan and click on send.
- Choose between making the subscription once or buying on auto-renew and press on send.
- Finally, enter option 1 (Accept) and click on send.
How to buy Airtel data bundles through mpesa
That said, I will take you through the procedure of buying internet bundles from Mpesa easily and quickly.
Step 1: Go to sim toolkit and select Mpesa
Step 2: Choose the Lipa Na Mpesa option
Step 3: Select the Paybill option
Step 4: Enter the business number, which is 220220
Step 5: Enter your Airtel number as your Account number
Step 6: Enter the amount of airtime you wish to spend
Step 7: Enter the Mpesa pin, then click OK
Step 8: Go to the Airtel sim card, then input the *544# code.
Step 9: Select the data bundles option.
Step 10: Buy the number of bundles of your choice.
How to buy Airtel data bundles for another number
- Ensure you have sufficient airtime before proceeding.
- On your phone, dial *544#
- Then select “Gift a bundle.“
- Choose the data offer you want to buy from the available options, i.e., Amazing or UnlimiNET.
- Enter the phone number of the recipient/beneficiary.
- Choose your preferred data package such as Ksh. 10 for 100MB (50 + 50-night data) on Amazing packages.
- Confirm if it’s a recurring purchase or buys once
- You’ll receive a text message confirming the transaction and on the benefiting Airtel number.
Was this article helpful?