The Company and Its Mandate Malindi Water and Sewerage Company (MAWASCO), is located in Malindi town, in Kilifi County. Malindi Water Paybill Number 708 001. The utility was incorporated under the Company’s Act (Cap 486) of the Laws of Kenya as a public company limited by shares on 24th August 2005 and came into full operation on 1st February 2006. This was as a result of the enactment of Water Act 2002 (repealed by Water Act 2016), which brought about far reaching water sector reforms in Kenya separating water resources management from services delivery.
As a water service provider charged with the provision of water and sanitation services in Malindi, MAWASCO has the mandate to provide adequate quality water and proper sanitation services to its customers in the most efficient and affordable way. It’s also responsible for the routine maintenance of water and sanitation services infrastructure. The company is engaged purely in providing water and sanitation services to the residents of Malindi, Magarini and Kilifi North sub-counties with an estimated water production of 21,000 m3/ day against a demand of 44,353 m3/day. MAWASCO has a license to supply water to about 8,300km2 coverage and with a population of 572,652 persons. As at 2019, the coverage was about 73% for water and 27% on sanitation.
The Malindi Water & Sewerage Company is a water service provider charged with the provision of the water and sewerage services in Malindi.
Malindi Water and Sewerage Company (MAWASCO)was incorporated on 24th August 2005 and came into full operation on 1st February 2006.It is one of the Service Providers contracted by Coast Water Services Board under a Service Provision Agreement to provide water and sewerage services in Malindi District.
Residents of Malindi and its environs can use MAWASCO paybill number to pay water bills without going to the offices.
Here is how to use Malindi Water Paybill Number 708 001
- Select Safaricom icon on your Phone
- Select Mpesa and press Pay Bill
- Enter Malindi Water Paybill Number 708 001
- Enter your water account No.
- Enter Amount you wish to pay
- Enter your PIN
- Confirm the payment details are correct and then send
- You will get confirmation message from Safaricom
Malindi Water and Sewerage company contacts.
For more information regarding MAWASCO Paybill number 708 001, contact:
P.O BOX 410-80200
NEXT TO COUNTY ASSEMBLY
FAX: 042 2131206
- Upon receipt of duly approved Agreement forms 2days after physical installation, the data clerk shall key into the system the Name and Meter information details.
- The billing officer shall produce meter reading field cards a day before schedule of zonal meter reading and forward to the Zonal Officers through the Head of Metering.
- After meter reading, the billing officer shall receive the meter reading field cards from the respective Zonal Officers.
- The billing officer shall key in the meter reading data to enable production of meter status report a day before meter servicing schedule.
- Upon receipt of the meter status report from the metering department, the Billing Officer shall effect corrections in the system and produce final meter transaction report.
- The Billing officer shall commence billing procedure whereby he/she shall produce bills mailing summary report and forward to the Revenue Accountant for cross checking.
- The Revenue Accountant shall cross check the billing mailing summary against the transaction report to confirm that all the consumers have been billed.
- Billing Officer shall archive consumer bills into the database.
- The billing officer shall print bills and forward to mailing office for dispatch through the respective Zonal Officers or the agreed upon means of bills dispatch by the management.
- Billing Officer shall produce monthly billing reports for management purposes.