Watu Simu provides affordable and flexible financing solutions for various smartphones to the Kenyan market. Watu Simu finances a select range of Samsung Galaxy smartphones. The devices have a warranty period of 24 months.
To qualify for phone financing, you need to have the following:
- An original National ID
- No active loans with Watu
- Be at least 18 years old
- An active mobile money transaction line
- Next of kin contact details (the contact must be available/online for verification)
- A minimum down payment amount for the selected device
What is Watu Simu’s Pay Bill number for weekly payments?
Pay Bill number: 650880
Account number: Borrower’s National ID number
If you have purchased the Samsung Galaxy A13, A23, or A33, your phone has been registered for a one time accidental front screen repair.
In the event you need to use this service, please call Customer Care on 0790 000 999.
In order to redeem this benefit, you will be required to pay a small repair fee at an authorised service centre.
My phone is lost or stolen. What do I do?
Kindly contact Customer Care and inform them about the stolen/lost device. Ensure you also obtain an abstract with the IMEI of the device included from your nearest police station and share that with the Customer Care.
The onboarding process takes approximately 20 minutes, and involves the following steps:
- Visit any store where Watu Simu is available.
- Select any Samsung Galaxy smartphone supported by Watu.
- Get a pre-approval on your application.
- Make your down payment.
- Wait for the verification process to be completed (5-10 minutes).
- Once verified, the phone is activated, and you can leave with your new device!
The following phones are available for financing through Watu Simu:
- Samsung Galaxy A03 Core
- Samsung Galaxy A03
- Samsung Galaxy A13
- Samsung Galaxy A23
- Samsung Galaxy A33