How to quickly set up Tap to Pay functionality on the Paytm app. Paytm offers different ways for users to make payments, and the fintech company recently added support for a Tap to Pay feature to make bank card payments using their Android smartphones. The feature works in a similar manner as Samsung Pay and Google Pay, allowing users to make purchases at Point of Sale (PoS) machines via NFC. Payments can be made without having to carry debit or credit cards around. The feature also works without an Internet connection, which can come in handy when a smartphone does not have ample network connectivity. iPhone owners will not be able to use the feature, as NFC payments are locked to Apple Pay, which is yet to be launched in India.
Here’s how to quickly set up Tap to Pay functionality on the Paytm app:
- Update your Paytm app by visiting the Google Play store.
- Open the Paytm app, then select Tap to Pay.
- Tap Add New Card at the bottom, if you do not have any cards saved.
- Enter your card details on the next screen, and tap Proceed to Verify Card.
- Make sure to read and accept the card issuer’s Terms of Service.
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) to complete activation of Tap to Pay.