How to make payments using Tap to Pay on your smartphone. Paytm offers different ways for users to make payments, and the fintech company recently added support for a Tap to Pay feature to make bank card payments using their Android smartphones. The feature works in a similar manner as Samsung Pay and Google Pay, allowing users to make purchases at Point of Sale (PoS) machines via NFC. Payments can be made without having to carry debit or credit cards around. The feature also works without an Internet connection, which can come in handy when a smartphone does not have ample network connectivity. iPhone owners will not be able to use the feature, as NFC payments are locked to Apple Pay, which is yet to be launched in India.
Here’s how to make payments using Tap to Pay on your smartphone:
- Unlock your smartphone and make sure the NFC is turned on.
- Hold your smartphone close to the PoS machine, near the contactless payment logo.
- Do not remove your smartphone until the transaction is completed.
- For transactions above Rs. 5000, enter your PIN on the PoS machine.
- Check your smartphone screen for a message informing you of a successful transaction.