African Banking Corporation Limited,(ABC Bank Kenya) is an indigenous Kenyan commercial bank, established in 1984. It has since been using the power of finance to support businesses and projects that benefit the people and the planet. It is licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
ABC Bank is an indigenous Kenya bank with 37 years experience using the power of finance to support businesses and projects that benefit the people and the planet. We know that banking can be a powerful force for good: serving individuals and communities as well as building a more sustainable society.
ABC Bank offers financial solutions to corporations, medium-sized businesses, Saccos, institutions, small business enterprises as well as individuals.
In March 2017, ABC acquired the LEI certification from the London Stock Exchange.
African Banking Corporation (ABC Bank) History
ABC Bank was started in 1981, as a financial institution named Consolidated Finance Company Limited.
By 1994, Consolidated Finance Company Limited had become one of the key Financial Institutions in the country. Following the gazettement of a legislation allowing financial institutions to convert into banks, Consolidated Finance Company immediately transformed, giving rise to African Banking Corporation Limited (ABC Bank) in 1995.
African Banking Corporation (ABC Bank) Subsidiaries
ABC Bank (Kenya) owns the following subsidiaries, either in whole or in part:
- ABC Capital Bank, Kampala, Uganda (Commercial Bank)
- ABC Capital Limited, Nairobi, Kenya (Stock brokerage)
- ABC Insurance Limited, Nairobi, Kenya (Insurance brokerage)
- ABC Insurance Brokers Ltd
African Banking Corporation (ABC Bank) Branch network
Branch network: 12 branches countrywide:
As of August 2014, ABC Bank (Kenya) maintains the following branches:
Head Office – ABC Bank House, Woodvale Grove,Westlands, Nairobi
- Westlands Branch – Westlands, Nairobi
- Koinange Street Branch – Koinange Street, Nairobi
- Libra House Branch – Libra House, Mombasa Road, Nairobi
- Industrial Area Branch – ABC Bank Building, Dar es Salaam Road, Nairobi
- Thika Road Mall Branch – Thika Road Mall, Nairobi
- Greenhouse Mall Branch – Ngong Road, Nairobi
- Kisumu Branch – Jubilee House, Oginga Odinga Road, Kisumu
- Meru Branch – Moi Avenue, Meru
- Eldoret Branch – Zul Arcade, Oginga Odinga Road, Eldoret
- Mombasa Branch – Shariff Nasser Investment Building, Moi Avenue, Mombasa
- Nakuru Branch – Saifee House, Kenyatta Avenue, Nakuru
- Lamu Branch – Seafront, Lamu
African Banking Corporation (ABC Bank) branch codes nationwide
1 Main 35000
2 Westlands 35001
3 Industrial Area 35002
4 Mombasa 35003
5 Kisumu 35004
6 Eldoret 35005
7 Meru 35006
8 Libra House 35007
9 Nakuru 35008
African Banking Corporation (ABC Bank) Contacts
+254 (20) 4263 000 / +254 (0)719 015 000 or Call our Hotline No: +254 (0)701 700 700, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this article helpful?